New York Marriott Marquis, Astor Ballroom
Emcee: Laura Favinger, Chief Administrative Officer, Insurance Information Institute
Sean Kevelighan, CEO, Insurance Information Institute
Politics and Policy Newsmaker: Margaret Brennan with Sean Kevelighan
The award-winning broadcast journalist discusses current issues of the day with Triple-I CEO Sean Kevelighan, and offers viewpoints on the forthcoming 2020 elections.
- Moderator: Sean Kevelighan, CEO, Insurance Information Institute
- Margaret Brennan, Moderator of CBS News’ Face the Nation
Natural catastrophes are becoming more powerful and costly. A panel of regulators, researchers and data analysts will discuss ways to create resilience in the face of rising risks.
- Intro: Dr. Phil Klotzbach, Research Scientist, Department of Atmospheric Science, Colorado State University
- Moderator: Charles Chamness, President and CEO, NAMIC
- Francis Bouchard, Group Head of Public Affairs and Sustainability, Zurich Insurance Group
- Steve Clarke, Vice President of Government Relations, ISO
- Dr. Daniel Kaniewski, Deputy Administrator for Resilience, FEMA
- Dr. Rick Knabb, Hurricane Expert, The Weather Channel
- Kenneth Tolson, President, Crawford Claims Solutions, U.S., Crawford & Company
Future of Insurance Marketing
With consumers utilizing new technologies to gather information, how can businesses best break through the clutter and resonate with them?
- Moderator: Kathleen Bromage, Chief Marketing and Communications Officer, The Hartford Financial Services Group
- Brad Auerbach, Head of Industry, Insurance, Facebook
- Avril Castagnetta, Americas Insurance Marketing Transformation Leader, EY
- Bill Keogh, Insuretech and Fintech Advisory, Ingenium
- Scott Steele, Chief Marketing Officer, Church Mutual
Insurance Vision: Seeing Beyond 2020
Insurance is undergoing a transformation that will make ours a truly customer-driven business that delivers responsive products, processes and service to greatly improve the lives of all policyholders. This conversation will explore the impact and likely outcomes this data-driven revolution will have on insurance organizations’ employees, business culture and bottom line.
- Moderator: David Sampson, President and CEO, American Property Casualty Insurance Association (APCIA)
- Vincent (V.J.) Dowling, Managing Partner, Dowling and Partners
Hayley Spink, Head of Global Operations, Lloyd’s
Interactive Discussion: JIF 2020 Crystal Ball—What Does the Future Hold?
Natural disasters, cyberattacks, and lawsuits…insurers deal with them constantly. Will one of these events have the biggest impact on the industry in 2020? In the alternative, the most significant financial threats to insurers may lay elsewhere. Grab your clicker and have your vote counted by the Joint Industry Forum’s Crystal Ball.
- Frank Nutter, President, Reinsurance Association of America (RAA)
- Michael Barry, Head of Media and Public Affairs, Insurance Information Institute
A 21st Century Workforce That Reflects the Communities We Serve
How can your business build and empower a workforce that mirrors the values of your customers and stakeholders? Industry experts will look at how embracing diversity and inclusion at all levels can create lasting value for your organization.
- Intro: Elizabeth Myatt, Vice President, Chief Program Officer, Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation
- Moderator: Margaret Redd, Executive Director, National African-American Insurance Association (NAAIA)
- Deborah Aldredge, Chief Administrative Officer, Farmers Insurance
- Denise Campbell, AVP National Accounts, AIG
- Craig Lapham, CEO, The Lapham Group
- Randa Rawlins, Executive Vice President, Shelter Insurance
Business and Economy: In Conversation With Dr. Glenn Hubbard
The former chairman of the U.S. Council of Economic Advisers will deliver his analysis of events and trends that will shape the business environment for the insurance sector.
- Moderator: Jon Hilsenrath, Senior Correspondent, The Wall Street Journal
- Dr. Glenn Hubbard, Dean Emeritus and Russell L. Carson Professor of Finance and Economics, Columbia Business School